5. Integrated community delivery
We need to develop community-based services and supports for everyone on the continuum from severe distress and addiction to wellbeing promotion:
- Organise service agencies and workforces from different sectors and disciplines to integrate and collaborate.
- Co-design open-door, one-stop-shop community wellbeing hubs that deliver a range of comprehensive responses – in primary health settings, marae, community centres, churches, workplaces, schools, higher education and online.
- Reduce and eventually phase out inpatient units and replace them with home and community-based services for people in crisis or with high needs.
- Build the capacity of the population to take care of their own and each other’s wellbeing, to respond to people in distress, and to utilise Big Community.